Our Junior Volunteer program was created to provide a structured and educational experience for young teens in our community. Volunteering is much like a real job and requires commitment, with the added benefit of hands-on experience with farm animals. For this program, the Jr Volunteer will need to be a member of the farm. See our Student membership information here.
Upon completing this program, the Jr Volunteers receive a Certificate of Completion, a job reference and an opportunity to apply to our Youth/Young Adult Volunteer Program.
What is the Junior Volunteer Program?
- A place to learn and give back to the community
- Learn about all aspects of the farm operation
- Opportunity to meet and work with other teens
- Open to ALL youth who can work independently (13-18 years)
- Commit 330-530 Fridays (Jan 12-Mar 9)
Please Apply with this form: Junior Volunteer Form
Thanks to a generous anonymous donor our Spring JV program is available!
We are still seeking a Summer Session Sponsor! If you know of any companies wanting to support this amazing program please let us know!
What do you gain from the Program?
- A certificate of completion at the end of your training
- Valuable job and people skills
- Hands on experience with our “farm family” (goats, sheep, llamas, donkey, horses, and mini ponies)
- Make new friends and have LOTS OF FUN!
Dress Code Requirements:
- Long Pants
- Weather Appropriate
- Work Gloves
- Hat/or Hood
- Water Bottle
- A Snack